Annette France MSc; MEd; NPQH
Chair of Governors
- Annette France spent over 40 years in education as a teacher and ultimately Headteacher in a number of parts of the country: Lancashire, Leicestershire, Solihull, Gloucestershire and Buckinghamshire; and across a variety of educational settings: 11-16, 14-19, 11-18 and post-16. Her three headships were at the Heart of England School, Solihull; Chipping Campden School, Gloucestershire and Beaconsfield High School, Buckinghamshire.
- She is passionate about the transformational power of education being the first in her extended family to go to university. After a degree in English and Psychology, she gained two Masters degrees from Nottingham University, firstly an MEd and later an MSc in Occupational Psychology.
- Annette’s educational career was far from conventional. She led a number of International Placements for Headteachers around the world; was seconded to National Grid for a year and to a Fresh Start School for another year. She has presented at local, national and international events on a range of educational issues from enterprise to internet safety. She was a mentor or course director for ASCL (formerly SHA) courses notably for preparing for Deputy Headship or Headship. As a teacher she wrote Open Learning Units for the British Psychological Society and became the series advisor for these A Level support materials. Her first two headships were in 11-18 mixed comprehensives where she consistently raised standards and her final headship was at a girls grammar school where during her tenure the school moved from the 42nd highest achieving state school in 2011 to the 27th in 2014.
- Annette gained her NPQH and became an National Leader for Education in 2009.
- She retired in 2015 but retains a passion for providing the best opportunities for young people.
We Need Your Support
To meet our target for submission to the DfE, we need to ensure that Cheshire 16-19 Free School would be the school of first choice for parents and students.
Registering interest does not commit you to anything.